About me

Hello, My name is Gina and I am a mom of 3 great children who keep me super busy along with working for Weight Watchers and doing hair from my home. So I guess that I am a part time stay at home mom, but still a full time mom. I love to cook when I have time and all the ingredients needed on hand. That is why dinner can sometimes be a hard time for me. I get home from soccer, football, dance, and on and on, and not knowing what to fix for dinner. The kids are hungry and it is 6:00. That is why I am doing this. I am hoping that it will get me more organized and I hope it will help you ease the pain of thinking what to fix for dinner when it is late and you have been on the run all day.

Friday, March 6, 2009

HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS

HAWAIIAN HAYSTACKS

2 TBS. butter
½ c. onion chopped
1 26 oz can cream of chicken soup
6 c. chicken (cooked and diced or shredded)
2 c. sour cream
8 c. cooked rice
Sautee butter and onions, add chicken soup and sour cream and warm over medium heat. Stir in chicken and cook until hot but do not boil.makes 12 servings
Now build your haystack. Start with rice. Top with the chicken mixture, then add any of the following.
Chowmein noodles 1 bag Celery
Pineapple 2 20 oz cans Red pepper
Mandarin oranges 2 15 oz cans Peas
Green onions Coconut
Almonds Cheese

1 comment:

Laura said...

Gina I just found your food blog and I LOVE IT! Thanks I will use some of your recipes. Laura