About me

Hello, My name is Gina and I am a mom of 3 great children who keep me super busy along with working for Weight Watchers and doing hair from my home. So I guess that I am a part time stay at home mom, but still a full time mom. I love to cook when I have time and all the ingredients needed on hand. That is why dinner can sometimes be a hard time for me. I get home from soccer, football, dance, and on and on, and not knowing what to fix for dinner. The kids are hungry and it is 6:00. That is why I am doing this. I am hoping that it will get me more organized and I hope it will help you ease the pain of thinking what to fix for dinner when it is late and you have been on the run all day.

Friday, January 30, 2009

THAI CHICKEN SALAD IN EGG ROLL WRAPPER BOWLS

Bowls:
8 (6 x 6 – inch) egg roll wrappers
cooking spray
Dressing:
¼ c. Nakano Original seasoned rice vinegar
1 T. canola oil
1 T. soy sauce
½ t. grated peeled fresh ginger
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
2 T. peanut butter (reduced fat)
1 t. honey
Salad:
1 c. frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
2 c. chopped cooked chicken breast
3 c. chopped red leaf lettuce
1 c. cooked long grain brown rice
1 c. finely shredded red cabbage
½ yellow bell pepper, cut into ¼ inch wide strips
¼ c. diagonally sliced green onions
¼ c. chopped unsalted peanuts

1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. To prepare bowls. Lightly coat one side of each wrapper with cooking spray. Fit 4 wrapper, coated sides up, into 4 corner cups of a nonstick muffin pan; press wrapper up sides of cups. Repeat with remaining 4 wrappers. Bake at 350* for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove wrappers from pans; cool on a wire rack.
3. To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and next 6 ingredient (through garlic) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add peanut butter and honey to vinegar mixture; stirring with a whisk
4. To prepare salad, cook edamame and next 6 ingredients (through onions) in a large bowl; toss well. Drizzle dressing over chicken mixture, losing gently to coat.
5. Spoon about 1 cup salad into each egg roll wrapper bowl; top each serving with 1 ½ t. peanuts. Serve immediately.
6. Makes 8 servings 6 pts per serving.

No comments: